Grid  List 

Grid  List 


A flowmeter is used to measure, regulate or control the flow of a gas or liquid flow. The flow is the quantification of the amount of medium (in a time unit).

Without thinking about it, you probably use a flow meter several times a day. For example, in your washing machine, dishwasher, automatic coffee maker, water meter in your home or business, when refueling, etc. However, Ebora only supplies flow meters for industrial applications.

The most common types of flowmeters used in industry are:

Mechanical flowmeters:

The mechanical flowmeters all have a moving part that moves through the flow. In general, the moving parts of the flowmeter will wear out sooner than the electronic ones, which do not contain any moving parts.

  • Float flow meter (rotameter)
  • Paddlewheel flowmeter
  • Oval wheel flowmeter
  • Turbine flowmeter

Electronic flowmeters:

The electronic flowmeter does not contain any moving parts, which means that wear and tear will be reduced over time. However, the electronic flow meters are generally more expensive than the mechanical flow meters.

  • Electromagnetic flowmeter
  • Vortex flowmeter
  • Swirl flowmeter
  • Thermal flow meter
  • Differential pressure flow meter
  • Ultrasonic flowmeter
  • Doppler effect flowmeter
  • Coriolis flowmeter (mass flowmeter)

Flowmeter selection

The choice of the right flowmeter for the application depends on many factors:

In addition to medium, pressure and temperature, knowledge of the application is also required.

In addition, the expected flow and the desired accuracy are also important for the selection of the flow meter. As well as the desired output signal.

Common output signals are:

  • Flowindicator (view)
  • Flowswitch
  • Pulse output
  • 4..20 mA
  • 4..20 mA (HART)
  • Fieldbus

Ebora will be happy to help you select the right flow meter and will also take into account the market in which you have your application. A magnetic inductive flowmeter (magmeter) for horticulture can be very different from an electro magnetic flowmeter for chemistry.